How to change your password
Either way, your password will be changed and in this article we will be explaining the two ways to have it changed.
TIPS FOR CREATING A SECURE PASSWORD
Having a secure, unique password for each of your online accounts is critically important. If a scammer gets just one password, they can begin to access your other accounts. That’s why it’s important to have a strong, unique password for your Jolis International login.
A strong password should have the following characteristics:
- More than 8 characters long
- Use lower case, upper case, a number, and a special character [like ~!@#$%^&*()_+=?><.,/]
- Not a word or date associated with you (like a pet's name, family names, or birth dates)
- Use a password that you'll be using only for your Jolis International account
- A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed. Misspelled words are stronger because they are not in the dictionary used by attackers.
- Keep your password secret. We'll never ask for your password by email, instant message or phone
- Something you can remember
RESET YOUR PASSWORD ON THE LOGIN PAGE
- Go to the login page and click on forgot password as shown in the attached figure below
- Enter the email address associated with your Jolis International account for you to receive the reset password
- Login to the respective email address and look for the reset password that has been sent to it
CHANGE PASSWORD THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT
Navigate to the top right hand corner and click on your name to open a menu as shown in the figure below.
Click Change Password
If you can't remember your old password, you can reset it on the login page and check the email associated with your Jolis International account for the reset password.
Click Save Credentials
If you have asked the system for a password reset and after a couple of minutes you still haven't received the password reset email:
- Please ensure to check your spam/junk folders in case the email has been filtered out.
- Some email software sends filtered emails to their "deleted folder" or "waste bin" even though they also have a spam folder, so make sure to check there as well.
- If you do find the email in any of these folders, please make sure to whitelist our email address.
If you have asked the system for a password reset and after a couple of minutes you don't have the email in inbox nor in junk/spam/deleted folders:
- It might be better to wait at least 5 or 10 minutes rather than try requesting another password reset right away. This is in case your email provider is experiencing a delay in processing the email our system sent.
- If you do decide to try requesting a new password reset email without having received the first one, please keep in mind that you might first receive the previous password reset email. In this case, the first email will have an expired password, because the reset passwords expire as soon as a new password reset is requested. Make sure to always use the absolute last password reset email you have received.
We recommend you change your password and security questions from time to time. There are a few cases where it's a good precaution, for example:
- You notice something suspicious on your Jolis account
- You suspect that someone you don't trust has your password
- You notice something suspicious in your email account or other online accounts
- You have recently removed malware from your system
- Jolis asks you to change your password
If one of these occurs, change your Password, PIN, and security questions immediately. You can change these under personal settings.
If you receive an email asking you to change your password, it could be a case of phishing. Instead of clicking on a suspect link in an email, just log into your Jolis account by manually typing the URL. Click the Settings tab, and then Personal Info. You will find the password, security questions, and PIN (if you've set one up) on this page.